Come out and learn the basics of bellydance. You’ll have fun, discover muscles you didn’t even know existed, meet great people, and learn about a dance with a rich cultural history!
No experience necessary. Wear comfortable athletic pants, and a form fitting top. Don’t forget your water bottle!
Stay tuned for Next Session
Are you ready to add another dance skill ?
Belly dancing is becoming increasing popular with women in their 50s and 60s. Fitness, friendship and visibility are among the many reasons they are signing up to classes. And, they are not just noticing an improvement in physical health.
• Really good exercise (better than any gym session!) but at the same time, it’s so feminine.
• The costumes — sparkly and gorgeous colors.
• For the most part, it is low impact,
• So many different variations on belly dancing — props, fusions with other forms of dancing, styles (Persian, Egyptian, Turkish) — there is always something new to discover.
• Helps to de-stress from the day job.
• A lovely supportive environment.
• A much more defined waist — belly dancing really tones your obliques.
• Some awesome party moves — everyone loves a shimmy!
• Lots of really good friends.
• More body confidence.
She also regularly travels for workshops, and has been inspired through intensive classes with Roula Said, Ishra, Lubna Emam, Orkideh, Valizan,Jill Parker,Ariellah, April Rose,Rachel Brice, Zoe Jakes, Kami Liddle,Amy Sigil,Mira Betz, Heather Stants, Sharon Kihara,Nada el Masriya, Hannan Sultan, Bozenka, Ranya Renee, Raehana, Jim Boz,Yasmina Ramzy, Dr. George Sawa, and many others.
Rebecca is the co-director of the Kitchener-based dance troupe Revolve Bellydance, and previously performed as a member of Khizmet’s Karma, and DownHips Bellydonnas and performs regularly throughout the Kitchener, Waterloo, and Cambridge area.
Rebecca loves introducing others to the joy of bellydance, allowing people of all ages to enjoy the music and express themselves through this dance, regardless of age, shape, size, background.
bellydance in 2004
and has been studying
it passionately ever
since. She studied
under local instructors
Simmons (Dark Side
Valeda (Haft Vadi
(Down Hips Bellydance)
and Johara (BellyUp).
Hiba (Babylon Dance)